Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rand Paul cheered for anti-NSA message at Berkeley

Republican Rand Paul fires up a Berkeley crowd - SFGate - Carla Marinucci:

March 20, 2014 - "Cheered by a youthful audience in one of the country's most liberal enclaves, Sen. Rand Paul - one of the Republican Party's leading contenders for the White House in 2016 - delivered a scathing rebuke to the U.S. intelligence community Wednesday, calling it 'drunk with power.'

"'I don't know about you, but I'm worried,' the Kentucky senator told 400 people who filled a hall at UC Berkeley's International House. "If the CIA is spying on Congress, who exactly can or will stop them?'

"Paul's comments come one week after Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., took to the Senate floor to accuse the CIA of illegal computer searches intended to hinder her Intelligence Committee's probe of alleged U.S. torture of terrorism suspects.

"Paul said Feinstein's allegations had shaken Washington. 'I look into the eyes of senators and I think I see real fear,' he said. 'I think I perceive fear of an intelligence community drunk with power, unrepentant and uninclined to relinquish power.'"

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Republican-Rand-Paul-fires-up-a-Berkeley-crowd-5332740.php
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment