Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Randy Hillier not running for re-election

Randy Hillier will not run again in June | In Quinte - Paul Martin: 

March 5, 2022 - "A high-profile MPP from Eastern Ontario is walking away from public life. Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston MPP Randy Hillier, who sits as an independent, is returning to the private sector. He made the announcement through his Facebook page on Friday.

"Hillier has effectively been barred from participating in the legislative chamber.... Some had publicly expressed concerns about incidents which included alleged violations of public health rules and most recently supporting the Ottawa truckers' demonstration.

"Hillier's Facebook page included a formal letter of intent (also posted here) and the following statement.

Partisan politics has always been a corrupting force in our government, I have had the opportunity to wade through that swamp and see how it all really works, especially over these last two years.
However, I have also seen the good and valuable that came from my 15 years in elected office, helping the people of my riding, standing up for individual liberties and responsibility. Enclosed is my statement announcing I will not be seeking re-election; however, I look forward to opening a new chapter and continuing my advocacy for freedom, justice & democracy."

Read more: https://inquinte.ca/story/randy-hillier-will-not-run-in-june

No comments:

Post a Comment