Thursday, November 24, 2011

Libertarians not anti-government - Clovis News Journal

Libertarians not anti-government - Clovis News Journal - Kent McManigal, FNM columnist

November 24, 2011 - "Recently in this column ... I have been addressing the misconceptions I have heard repeated about libertarians. I think it’s important to understand your libertarian neighbors, rare though we may seem at first glance to be....

"A misconception regarding libertarians I run into a lot is that we are “anti-government.” That isn’t necessarily true. The root of the matter is that libertarians are pro-liberty, and since government is generally anti-liberty it makes us appear, to some observers, to be anti-government....

"You can be anti-government without having the slightest libertarian leanings, and there are plenty of libertarians who still think it is possible to increase liberty through guiding government in ’the right direction.’ I happen to disagree ... but I’d enjoy being proved wrong."

Read more: http://www.cnjonline.com/articles/libertarians-45826-balloons-week.html
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment