Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jillette on Obama, Johnson, Hitchens, & peace

Penn Jillette on Obama, Gary Johnson, Hitchens, and peace | Washington Times Communities - Kevin Kelly:

November 13, 2012 - "Given the recent election and Jillette’s self-proclaimed libertarianism, I asked what he would like to see come from a second-term Obama administration. 'Being a libertarian, I am very happy there will be a sense of social freedom,' said Jillette. 'I wish that Obama would embrace that more, and be more respectful to people who want to smoke marijuana. I wish he would be more respectful to the state, and state’s rights like Colorado, and the other states that voted for that and not go after marijuana, but Obama giggles about dope smoking and doing cocaine, but still seems thrilled to send people to prison for that.

"'I hasten to add that I have never had a sip of alcohol in my life,' he added, 'and never a puff of marijuana, but I do believe that freedom matters and that should be everyone’s right. I wish he were more open and more accepting of people who are different like gays and so on. I wish he was not using the Patriot Act and having kill lists and detaining people without trials'....

"One libertarian victory was the accumulation of more than one million votes by party presidential candidate Gary Johnson during the recent election cycle. When I pointed out Johnson’s returns to Jillette he offered, 'One of those one million was mine, by the way.' "Given Jillette’s intense political interest, I wondered aloud whether Americans might see Jillette 2016 bumper stickers in the next election cycle. 'I don’t think so', he chuckled, 'I have a job. I love my job, and I have no desire to do anything else. I also wouldn’t have a chance. I don’t think I’m made of the right stuff to be a politician. I think I’m made to be a loose cannon.'" Read more: https://web.archive.org/web/20130122094855/http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/remnant/2012/nov/12/penn-jillette-obama-gary-johnson-hitchens-and-peac/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment