Tuesday, July 1, 2014

'Princess of Pot' seeks Liberal nomination in BC

Canada's 'Princess of Pot' takes shot at federal politics | CTV Vancouver News - Penny Daflos:

June 24, 2014 - "One of the country’s biggest advocates in the push to legalize marijuana has a new plan to take her fight to Ottawa.

"The so-called 'Princess of Pot' Jodie Emery – the wife of jailed marijuana activist Marc Emery – intends to run for the Liberal nomination in East Vancouver.

"'I think with the Liberal party endorsing legalization, the benefit is just too great for all Canadians. I have to put my name behind endorsing that party,' she told CTV News....

"Emery ran as the Green candidate in Vancouver-Fraserview in the 2009 B.C. provincial election.

"'I don't really know where to pin myself. I have run with the Green Party, but I'm a fiscal conservative. I could be called a Libertarian, I am a capitalist. I do believe in taxpayer-funded education, healthcare and some other basic necessities but I think there's a lot of waste in government," she said....

"Federal Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau's announcement last year that he supports regulating and taxing marijuana changed things for Emery.

"With the Tories attacking Trudeau and sticking with their hard line anti-pot policy, it seems a natural fit for Emery to join forces with the Grits."

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/canada-s-princess-of-pot-takes-shot-at-federal-politics-1.1883104
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment