Sunday, July 30, 2017

Folksinger Moroz created her own currency

PanAm Podcast at Freedom Fest: Tatiana Moroz on Using Music - David Unworth:

July 26, 2017 - "Singer-songwriter Tatiana Moroz is a leading libertarian activists and bitcoin advocate who has traveled the country using her music to promote, the campaigns of Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, among others. A graduate of Boston’s prestigious Berklee College of Music, Tatiana was inspired by the musicians of the previous generation who used art to protest the Vietnam War.

"'I didn’t feel that my own generation really had any movement to get behind … but in 2011 I learned about the Federal Reserve, and I became involved in the Ron Paul movement, and I ended up singing all around the country. And then I ended up morphing into the bitcoin space. I felt that the political world wasn’t really going to offer a solution, I thought that we needed something else.'

"Tatiana created her own crypto-currency tatianacoin, as a way for artists to manage their financial affairs and relationships. 'I created what I considered to be a solution for artists regarding fans and funding. That was what I as an independent artist in New York felt were the two biggest challenges … how do we fund our arts, and then how do we make sure that there are people there to see us … as I evolved from friendster to myspace to facebook I realized that I didn’t own those relationships and I was basically creating value for those platforms, with facebook being probably the worst of the offenders, now every time I want to reach my fans I’ve got to pay money in order to reach them. I felt that by creating my own artist crypto-currency that would be a way to connect directly with my fans.'"

Read more: https://panampost.com/david-unsworth/2017/07/26/podcast-freedomfest-tatiana-moroz/
'via Blog this'



No comments:

Post a Comment