Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Libertarian McFadzean running in Lakeland, AB

Candidate Q&A: Libertarian Robert McFadzean | Cold Lake Sun - Peter Lozinski:

August 17, 2015 - "It’s election season again. We spoke to each of the candidates and asked them an identical list of questions. This week we spoke to candidates in the Lakeland riding.

Here’s the point-of-view of Libertarian Party candidate Robert McFadzean. 


Q: What are your three main platform points?
A: "The first point would be free enterprise in place of government enterprise - that is running things through private enterprise instead of having the bureaucracy run things.

"The second one would be using free market regulation as opposed to government regulation, and the third one would be a free or sound money system in place of our current money system which continually devalues our money...

Q: How would you describe your chances?
A: "Look at voting patterns. Roughly 50 per cent of the voters actually get out and vote, and of course the winner of the election gets 25 per cent plus of that vote.

"I guess what I’m saying as far as the Libertarian (party) is concerned, and like you say, it has been going conservative all these years, would be looking at those people who are just not voting because they don’t think there’s anything to vote for, which is essentially where I’ve been at the past two years.

"I don’t see any choice between these other parties that are basically tax and regulate-type platforms.

"I think the Libertarians [are] an alternative that might appeal to people that haven’t been voting, and maybe we can get some traction there.

Q: Many issues are interconnected between Cold Lake and Bonnyville. How well will you work with whoever wins in the other riding?
A: "If I was a single libertarian member of parliament, I doubt if I would have a lot of influence as far as the federal government would concern.

"I don’t think that’s the way that I’m going to campaign, promising people that I’m going to do a lot for them in specific issues or groups that are vying for special privileges. my platform is Canadians in general, we need liberty from government involvement in our lives and our businesses. That’s where I’m coming from."

Read more: http://www.coldlakesun.com/2015/08/17/candidate-qa-libertarian-robert-mcfadzean
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment