Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Jedediah Bila joining The View in September

Jedediah Bila Talks The View and Andrew Breitbart - Amanda House, Breitbart News:

August 10, 2016 - Former Fox News contributor Jedediah Bila says Andrew Breitbart played a major role in her recent decision to join ABC News’ The View.... 'You need to stop preaching to choir,' Bila says Andrew [told her]. 'You need to get out there and get the message out in places where people are inclined to think negatively about libertarians and conservatives.... He even said, you need to go on The View,' Bila added....

"Growing up in New York City as a self-described libertarian, Bila says she’s always been outnumbered (in fact, she wrote a book about it): 'I’m really well received by liberals. I’ve dated almost all liberals and my family is filled with liberals. When I interact with people on the left they typical leave like, "I never thought about issues like this".... 'So when the opportunity came to do The View, I welcomed it as a chance to not only interact with liberal panelists like Sunny Hostin and Joy Behar, but to also speak to an audience that wouldn’t be inclined to agree with me and might have a perception about me that I could change'....

"'If I’m going to talk about freedom and opportunity and low taxes, I want that message to come to an audience that maybe doesn’t get a positive angle from a lot of people in media,' she explained, '[to] represent people at home who feel like when they watch most mainstream media outlets, they don’t feel like their view is represented'....

"Take this year’s presidential election.... A self-described 'Rand Paul girl' she says she’s not voting for Hillary Clinton or Trump, but instead 'for Gary Johnson — not because he’s perfect, but because he’s the least problematic of the three'....

"'I really want to hold both sides accountable,' she said. 'I think there are a lot of talking points and a lot of people who want to protect their candidate or their party. I don’t have a candidate, I don’t have a party. I just have what I believe and I think there are a lot of people in the real world outside the political sphere that really feel that way too'....

"'To that I say to them, a movement is not meant to speak to people who only agree with you – the whole purpose of a movement is to go into areas and outlets where people are inclined to disagree with you and challenge what they think about you'....

"As for what fans can expect this season, which debuts Tuesday, September 6, Bila says get ready for 'a lot of really heated, healthy, fiery debate… It’s going to get spicy for sure!'"

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/10/exclusive-jedediah-bila-talks-the-view-and-andrew-breitbart/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment