Friday, February 1, 2013

Gary Johnson reboots with libertarian non-campaign campaign

Gary Johnson reboots with libertarian non-campaign campaign - Rob Nikolowski, New Mexico Watchdog?:

February 1, 2013 - "It’s not a campaign, but Gary Johnson is back in the political game.

"Starting in April, the 2012 Libertarian Party presidential nominee and former two-term governor of New Mexico told New Mexico Watchdog, his 'Our America' initiative will kick off a series of speaking engagements across the country to spread his message of fiscal conservatism and social liberalism.

"'We’re up and running and we’ll see where it goes,' Johnson said by phone from his home in Taos.

"Last November, Johnson’s Libertarian Party run ... received just under 1.3 million votes, the most ever for a Libertarian Party candidate.

"'I don’t want to talk about a presidential run (in 2016),' Johnson said, 'but I do want to have a seat at the table.… I think what I bring to the equation is the best of both worlds. I’m more liberal than Obama on social issues and I’m more conservative than Republicans on fiscal issues. And I think a lot of Americans feel the same way.'"

Read more: http://newmexico.watchdog.org/16814/gary-johnson-reboots-with-libertarian-non-campaign-campaign/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment