Friday, October 2, 2015

Libertarian 'loving every minute' of first campaign

Libertarian 'loving every minute' of his first election campaign - Richard Vivian Cambridge Times:

"First-time politician Nathan Lajeunesse acknowledges he’s far from a frontrunner to become Kitchener South-Hespeler’s first MP, but he’s 'loving every minute' of the campaign.

"Representing the Libertarian Party of Canada, this 29-year-old Hespeler native and professional ironworker is eager to provide voters with an alternative to candidates representing the more traditional parties.

"'I’m the only one that’s going to be saying something different than the other three,' he said, referring to the Liberal, Conservative and New Democratic party candidates. 'All of them try to stay right around the middle, whereas there are things we strongly oppose and think that need to be changed.'

"Chief among those changes, Lajeunesse explained, is less government, lower taxes and re-establishing 'an actual monetary system that’s backed by a real commodity and could actually hold value over a long period of time and inflation would not always have to increase.' A commodity such as gold, he said, would provide a better comparison for determining the true value of a dollar than stacking Canuck bucks up against American greenbacks'....

"'I think I’m going to open up a lot of people’s eyes to a new idea and that they don’t have to be bullied by the big three – there are other options,' he said.

"The candidate has some signs up throughout the riding and has taken part in a few media interviews, but don’t expect to find him knocking on any doors....

"'I want to … be accessible,' said Lajeunesse. 'I’ve always found when people come and knock on my door, it’s never the right time. That’s where I have a problem with the knocking on the doors.'

"If anyone wants to talk about the Libertarian approach, or his candidacy, Lajeunesse encourages people to email him at nathanlajeunesse@gmail.com and set up a time to chat.

"'There is not one aspect of my campaign that I’ve done that I think I’ve hit the nail right on the head. I think every aspect I’m going to do better next time,' Lajeaunesse admitted, noting this won’t be the only time people see his name on a ballot."

Read more: http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/5929654-libertarian-loving-every-minute-of-his-first-election-campaign/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment