Sunday, October 14, 2018

US LP staffs new Youth Engagement Committee

Libertarian Party Establishes Youth Engagement Committee · 71 Republic - Spencer Kellogg:

October 9, 2018 - "In September, the Libertarian Party’s National Committee ... established the Libertarian Party’s first ever Youth Engagement Committee. Members of the LNC voted on a list of nearly 50 candidates for four positions and among the selected is 71 Republic’s CEO, Matt Geiger.... [T]he other new members are Aeris Stewart, Matt Long and Dustin Nanna. The committee will be headed by LNC region 2 alternate Victoria Paige Lee....

"71 Republic’s Spencer Kellogg reached out to the new members for information....

"Aeris Stewart ... 'I’ve been involved in YAL chapter leadership for 2 years and just started as a CC with SFL. Before that, I was an at-large for the LYC, am currently the whip for the LPCaucus, and have volunteered/interned at a couple of campaigns'....

"Matt Long ... 'I only started thinking I might be a Libertarian after hearing Bill Weld speak at the CNN Town Hall. That was a life-changing moment for me politically because I ended up volunteering for the campaign. Highlighting the issue of Intersex Human Rights (and other LGBT+ issues) is definitely something I want to promote as a Libertarian.'

"Matt Geiger - 'I am the chairman of the Carroll County Libertarian Party. I was the national vice chair of the Libertarian Youth Caucus and I am the CEO of 71 Republic. I’ve engaged hundreds of young libertarians and helped them build their writing abilities and prepare them to be real libertarian activists'....

"Dustin Nanna - 'I’m 24 years old and I live in Delaware, Ohio... I am the Vice Chair of the Libertarian Party of Ohio and am ... a Central Committee member in Ohio in the 12th Congressional District. I have been active with the Libertarian Party since I was 21 and I consider myself a Jeffersonian Minarchist. I ran for City Council in Delaware in 17 and got 14% of the vote in a 5-way race. Now I’m running for Secretary of State in Ohio'....

"Congratulations to the selected members of the new committee!"

Read more: https://71republic.com/2018/10/09/libertarian-party-youth-engagement-committee/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment