Friday, May 20, 2011

Nelson endorsement goes up in smoke

Willie Nelson Changes His Tune | Teapot Party Blog - Mar. 18, 2011:

"I received the following email from Nelson about Johnson: 'I think we should endorse him.' I informed Johnson’s campaign.... Yesterday, both the Teapot Party and Gary Johnson 2012 sent out press releases announcing the endorsement....

"I sent the press release and coverage links to Nelson. His response took me by surprise: 'My position is it['s] too early for me to endorse anyone. And I think every one should vote their own conscience.'

"I wrote back reminding him that he had approved the endorsement. 'I know I said that,' Nelson replied. 'But I think I will wait and see where he stands on other things. My bad. Sorry. I still think he is a good guy but so Is Dennis [Kucinich] and if he decided to run I would personally vote for him. If it came down to either him or Gary I’m already committed to Dennis. They both have said they support legal pot.'"

Read more:  http://teapotpartyblog.com/?p=77

No comments:

Post a Comment