Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ron Paul on Donald Trump: ‘I was the only candidate who didn’t kiss his ring’

Ron Paul on Donald Trump: ‘I was the only candidate who didn’t kiss his ring’ | The State Column:

February 3, 2012 - "With the exception of former Utah Republican Governor Jon Huntsman, all of Mr. Paul’s rival candidates held meetings with Mr. Trump in 2011. The meetings were viewed as each candidate’s attempt to obtain an endorsement from Mr. Trump.... Mr. Huntsman and Mr. Paul were also two of the most vocal critics of Mr. Trump, objecting to participation in a presidential debate ... that would be moderated by Mr. Trump. Following that refusal, Mr. Trump has continuously slammed Mr. Paul and Mr. Huntsman when asked about them....

"'I can’t imagine why anybody talks about him, why do you talk about him?' said Mr. Paul Friday in an interview with Utah based Fox 13 News. 'I don’t think he has that much credibility. I think I was the only candidate that didn’t ask for you know, a chance to kiss his ring. I never went up to see him. I don’t understand why people pay any attention to him.'"

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-on-donald-trump-i-was-the-only-candidate-who-didnt-kiss-his-ring/#ixzz1lQSMKjz5
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment