Sunday, October 21, 2012

Libertarian candidates wage online campaigns in races for U.S. Senate, House

Libertarian candidates wage online campaigns in races for U.S. Senate, House - Mike Dennison, Billings Gazette:

October 21, 2012 - "HELENA - "Libertarian U.S. Senate candidate Dan Cox ... 36, the owner of a fishing-lure manufacturing firm in Hamilton, is the third man in what has become the most expensive race in Montana history. He’s taking on the incumbent, Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester, and the other challenger, Republican U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg.

"But rather than buy campaign advertising by the bushel, as his opponents have done, Cox is relying on the Internet and social networking for his campaign – much like his counterpart in the U.S. House race and fellow Bitterroot Valley resident, Libertarian Dave Kaiser of Victor.

"'I don’t have a yard sign, I don’t have a bumper sticker, I don’t have a (campaign) business card, I don’t have a political powerhouse team protecting me from the media,' says Kaiser. 'I am not a politician. I just speak my mind.'"

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/libertarian-candidates-wage-online-campaigns-in-races-for-u-s/article_cdb9d2db-d90f-5b3b-93dc-82dd02a320ad.html#ixzz29zNxHsHz
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment